Tuesday 10 June 2014

No4: Growing Up

I'm writing this post 2 weeks after my last first-year university exam. I'm 1/3 of the way through my course which is a thought that terrifies me. So much has changed in this past year, but at the same time I sort of feel no different - and I'm certainly not prepared to accept that I am growing up!

When I was younger, I always thought that I would know what I want to do with my life by the time I went to sixth form (or at least by the time I had to pick what to do afterwards!). Unfortunately not. I still have no idea what I want to do 'in the future' (getting scarily closer) or 'when I grow up' but am just hoping one day I'll wake up and have an epiphany: 'Of course! I've always wanted to be a penguin trainer/tree painter/insert job title here...'. Until then I'm just going to have to blunder around hoping to stumble into something else to do.
Seriously though... I know how that little hippo feels

On the plus side, I have just gained my first ever paid job as a student ambassador (come to my uni, it's great! ;) ) so could theoretically start a proper CV and all that... or just not? 
Seriously though, sometimes I do feel grown up and independent and other times I feel like I'm about 10 and have literally no idea how to look after myself. I feel like this post isn't very coherent as it is literally just a brain splurge but please tell me other people feel this way!

Claire xx

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I'm finishing my first year at 6th form and i'm actually starting to look at Universities and the thought of having to act grown up and look after myself worries me! Wish I could just stay in bed all day and watch Disney movies and not have to worry about any of that haha :) Great blog, very relatable,

    Aimee,
    maquilliagemonster.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no need to worry about it; everyone will be in the same boat! And hey, if you need Disney days every now and again that's fine as long as you can (pretend to) be mature and grown up when you need to be ;) xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post!
    You have an amazing blog!
    Keep in touch doll! <3

    ReplyDelete